At Insight Vision Care, we are committed to providing the best possible care for your vision. In order for this to be the case, our optometrist will take a little more time than what you may be used to – we generally allow 45 minutes for your first consultation at the practice.
A standard consultation will generally include:
- A chat with the optometrist, during which time they will find out what you use your eyes for on a day to day basis, and any relevant medical history
- Visual acuity measurement and refraction, where we will determine what you can see, and how we can get you seeing more clearly and comfortably.
- Binocular assessment this is particular important for children, but we do this for adults too! We make sure that your eyes co-ordinate together well for your everyday tasks.
- Ocular health assessment we will perform a series of tests including retinal imaging, take ultrasounds of your eye, and measure your eye pressure, to make sure that your eyes continue seeing well in the future.
Other services we offer:
- Contact lens fitting
- Visual cognitive/perceptual assessment
- Dry eye diagnosis and therapy
- Vision therapy and training
- Foreign body triage and removal
- Vision screenings for schools and industry.
- Onsite fitting of safety spectacles for industry